The age of consent in North Dakota is 18.
12.1-20-03. Gross sexual imposition - Penalty.
1.A person who engages in a sexual act with another, or who causes another to engage in a sexual act, is guilty of an offense if...d.The victim is less than fifteen years old
Section 12.1-20-05 of the code refers to sexual acts between adults and teenagers aged 15, 16 and 17:
12.1-20-05.Corruption or solicitation of minors.
- An adult who engages in, solicits with the intent to engage in, or causes another to engage in a sexual act with a minor, is guilty of a class A misdemeanor if the victim is a minor fifteen years of age or older.
- An adult who solicits with the intent to engage in a sexual act with a minor under age fifteen or engages in or causes another to engage in a sexual act when the adult is at least twenty-two years of age and the victim is a minor fifteen years of age or older, is guilty of a class C felony.
The information contained on this website is meant as informational only and should not be interpreted as professional legal advice. We make every effort to be sure that we have the most up to date content and learning resources available, but laws change constantly and this information may not represent the law currently in effect. Please consult with an attorney for professional legal advice.
Quick links to our most popular content
- Nurse Consultant Services
- What is Forensic Nursing
- Laws about sex
- Forensic Nursing History
- Passing the SANE exam
- Forensic Nursing Organizations
- Local Forensic Nursing Resources
- Forensic Training
- Forensic Nurse Salary
- Forensic Nursing News
- Forensics Degree Vs. Certificate
- Forensic Nursing Schools
- Medical Terms and Acronyms
- Forensics Books
- Contact Us
- Forensic Nursing Jobs
- All Nursing Jobs
- Sexual Health & STD's
- What to Say to A Rape survivor
- If your partner is Raped